Affiliation with Somanath University - SGVP
Posted by news on Monday, 15 October 2007
Temple – A typical symbol of Indian Culture has great traditional values and spiritual importance especially in human life. Management of temple and entire associated activities needs training and systematic education to bring out the purpose of Temple in batter way. As per the demand of time and society a special faculty of Temple Management is set up including thorough study of all aspects related to Temple.
To provide the education of Temple Management to the Rushikumars of Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay, SGVP an affiliation with Somanath University was carried at SGVP in the presence of Sadguru Purani Shree Balkrishnadasji Swami, Shree Pankajbhai Jani (Dean, Somanath University), Shree Hiteshbhai (Acharya, Sankrit Vidyalay, Bhagawat Vidyapith, Sola) and other dignitaries of education field.
A presentation was displayed showing the educational activities of Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay. Shree Sureshbhai Patel (Management Trainer) explained the importance of Temple Management in modern age. Purani Shree Balkrishnadasji Swami also notified the significance of temple and trained Poojary – Worshipper in India and abroad. Shree Pankajbhai Jani impressed with the activities and glittering achievements of Rishikumars at state and national level. He stated that the affiliation of Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay with Somanath University for the Diploma in Temple Management is a point of reverence for the University. He discovered the portrait of temple management and congratulated Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay & SGVP for this affiliation. On this occasion Rushikumars were encouraged securing the foremost positions in various subjects and competitions.
In the end, one of the remarkable occasions of glorious progress of Darshanam Sanskrit Vidyalay was concluded with the Vedic National Anthem.
Under the ‘Diploma in Temple Management’ course student of Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay will under go the training and education of various temple related activities. Some of the main topics are…
- Arati, Bhog – Prasad, Shrugar
- Darshan (Nitya Darhan & Utsav Darshan in temples)
- Management and information of various festivals celebrated in various temples
- Managing devotees for Darshan
- Managing for Prasad
- Managing religious rituals (Vidhi & Karma-kand) organised by temple for the devotees
- Managing lodging & boarding for the pilgrims
- Managing for the publication and distribution of religious literatures like books, booklets, Patrika, religious items, photographs…
- Temple hygiene, preservation & care-taking of garden & sculptures and development approach
- Financial issues, donation, managing accounts
Introductory study of….
- Sculpture & structure of temple
- Iconography (Murti-Shastra)
- Vedic rituals (Karma-kand)
- Arati, Bhog – Prasad, Shrugar methods in various temples
- Methods of various types of Archana-Pooja
- Various Vrat-Niyam, Panchang & Muhurt knowledge
General knowledge of…
- Ten Maha-vidya of Veda-Upanishad
- Pancharatra (Scripture describing the methods to worship Bhagawan) & philosophy of Shree Swaminarayan Sampraday
- Yagna, Meditation, Jap (recitations), Bhajan-Bhakti, Anushthan
- Various Vedic Stotras, Mantras, Stuties, Mangal-Slokas, Blessing-slokas, etc
- Mantra of various deities & goddesses
- Rudra-ashtadhyayee-path, Vishnu Sahsra Nam Path
- Bhakti-Nrutra, musical instruments, singing, discourses
- Sanskrit Conversation
- English grammar & conversation, letter correspondence, diary maintenance
- Computer operating
- Audio-visual presentations of temple & shrine
- General information of management laws & property laws
- Information about tourism development board, shrine- pilgrimage places, guide booklets, public relation steering
- Advertisement & publicity media
- Security of temple & trust
In the state level ‘Traditional Sanskrit Elocution & Shalaka Competition’ was held at Somanath Sanskrt University, Veraval.
This year also Rushikumars of Darshnam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay won the competition with golden colours. In Out of eight subjects of Elocution competition, students secured four gold medals, one silver medal and three bronze medals. In Salaka competition of three subjects all three participants of SGVP won gold medals. One more gold medal in an additional Ashtadhyayi Sutra-path competition and one silver medal in Samaya-puti (quick shlok making) were also secured. On acquiring highest rating Darshanam Sanskrit Mahavidyalay won the championship trophy ‘Darshanam Vijay Vaijayanti’ among the 30 Sanskrit Pathashala of Gujarat.
All gold medal winner Rushikumars will represent Gujarat in national level Sanskrit Competition in due course.
|5-Jul-2020||Guru Poornima – 2020|
|31-Mar-2020||Food Service during Corona Lockdown|
|10-Mar-2020||Pushpadolotsav - 2020|
|1-Feb-2020||Umargam Khatmuhurt - 2020|
|31-Jan-2020||Annual Pratishtha Mahotsav - 2020|
|26-Jan-2020||Republic Day Ceremony - 2020|
|29-Dec-2019||Sneh Milan - 2019|
|18-Dec-2019||Virat Krushi Sammelan - Gurukul Droneshwar, 2019|
|9-Dec-2019||Murti Pratishtha Mahotsav - Ribda|